OpenLMI-Account is CIM provider which manages POSIX accounts. It exposes remotely accessible object-oriented API using WBEM set of protocols and technologies. The provider implements DMTF identity profile, for more details read DMTF profile.
The provider manages only users and groups listed in /etc/passwd and /etc/groups files. It uses libuser library to access these files.
The API can be accessed by any WBEM-capable client. OpenLMI already provides:
- Python module lmi.scripts.account, part of OpenLMI scripts.
- Command line tool: LMI metacommand, with ‘user’ and ‘group’ subcommands.
- Create, modify or remove user and/or group.
- List users in a group and modify group membership.
- Event based monitoring of users and groups (emit indication event when an user or group is created or removed).
Table of Contents